Interested in Working with Welligence?
If you want to transform energy research, come join our interdisciplinary team of petroleum engineers, data scientists, energy analysts, sales & marketers, and software developers!
Current Job Openings
Head of Marketing
Welligence is a fast growing upstream and energy transition research firm, with a focus on commercial valuations, greenhouse gas emissions, technical data analysis, M&A opportunity screening, activity level tracking, and consulting. Our subscription-based service provides full transparency of asset-level coverage and combines machine learning technology with deep industry expertise, delivered by some of the sector’s most respected experts. Clients include the supermajors, international and regional independent E&Ps, national oil companies, and leading global financial institutions.
With offices in four continents, our offering provides upstream and energy transition analysis across Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, the North Sea, and the US Gulf of Mexico, with the rest of the world following shortly. Welligence delivers unmatched and transparent access to data and analysis updated monthly. We drill deep to extract granular insights, combining the latest data science and powerful analytics, delivered through user-friendly visualization.
As Head of Marketing you will:
• Develop, plan, and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy to promote new and existing offerings to help increase sales including webinars, events, and social media
• Work with sales and research to develop effective campaigns to support lead generation and qualification
• Lead effective social media strategy to expand the Welligence brand and reputation
• Establish effective metrics and processes to improve lead qualification efforts
• Create positioning documents, sales kits and ensure brand consistency and messaging
• Define and manage press relationships to promote Welligence globally
• Manage and execute event programs
• Competitor screening review - report regularly on our competitors’ marketing
Skills and Experience
• Proven track record in corporate and product marketing
• Knowledge/experience in the oil and gas industry is desirable
• Strategic thinker with analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of marketing automation software, graphic design software
• Video editing capabilities preferred
• Well defined time management and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
Business Development Manager
Welligence Energy Analytics, the industry’s fastest growing oil and gas and energy transition research firm, is excited to be seeking an experienced Business Development Manager, responsible for expanding its presence and building and maintaining relationships in the oil and gas, investment banking, and buyside industries. The company was founded in 2016 and has quickly developed a global portfolio of clients across supermajors, E&Ps, national oil companies, investment banks and governments. The Welligence offering combines the latest machine learning and AI technology, supported by deep industry expertise, to provide market solutions. This is your opportunity to be part of the Welligence growth story and have a major impact as the company scales its growth.
• B2B business development experience within the oil & gas and/or finance industries – specifically in the United States and Canada
• A proven track record in prospecting and engaging with non-client accounts to convert to new clients
• Effectively utilizing provided sales enablement tools, as well as provided sales reporting and CRM platforms
• Ability to run the entire sales process from prospecting to close of new business
• Presenting to senior management at a high level within relevant organizations
• Providing feedback and suggestions on product enhancement/new product ideas
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Strong analytical and time-management skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high energy, fast-paced environment
• Minimum of 5+ years of sales experience
Americas Energy Team Research Analyst
As an Americas energy research analyst, you will join an innovative team with unique experience in the energy and data science space. In this role, you will play an important part in the maintenance and enhancement of our platform, including our proprietary and unmatched analytics that help upstream operators from Canada to Argentina optimize greenhouse gas emissions. And with new energies picking up pace, you will work with our Energy Transition team to build out our solution set across the energy value chain.
At Welligence we’re on a mission to transform the energy industry by building the world’s leading international analytics platform. Clients across the globe use our intelligence to make business critical decisions, helping them realize value while optimizing their carbon footprint.
Welligence attributes diversity of backgrounds and ideas to its accelerated success! Our multinational team is comprised of backgrounds that range across economics, engineering, journalism, statistics, and computer science.
We welcome applications from candidates with up to 3 years’ experience in the E&P/financial sectors, plus ambitious undergraduates/graduates with relevant degrees.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
What You bring:
- The desire and passion to learn new skills and concepts to push the boundaries of current systems
- Top-notch communication with stakeholders, investors, clients, and your teammates
- Proactive in identifying value-added product and research enhancement opportunities
- The confidence to ask for help when needed
- Ability to prioritize work and manage your time
- Capable of writing high-quality analysis
- Strong competency in financial valuations and Excel modelling
- Fluency in Spanish is preferable, but not a requirement of this role
What You will work on:
- Staying on top of industry events, evaluating and modelling their impact on the sector
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry contacts and regulatory agencies
- International travel to strengthen connections and coverage of the industry
- Helping clients to make informed decisions, sharing knowledge and intelligence
- Building and maintaining valuation models for oil & gas assets across the region
- Producing thought-provoking content that helps drive debate and decision-making
- Analyze oil, gas and emission metrics at the region/country/company/asset level
- Track and forecast carbon emissions, assess the impact of mitigation strategies
- Working with technology on product maintenance and enhancement
By taking on this role, you will gain valuable insight into the energy industry and play a vital role in the energy transition. As you develop in the role, you will build a deep understanding of the sector and engage directly with senior industry leaders and key decision makes.
Why People Choose Us:
- Seeking an opportunity to make a real impact in the trillion $ global energy industry
- Interested in a flat culture that values collaboration, merit, and communication
- Emphasis on learning new concepts and growing your career (professional development budget to take courses if desired)
- Desire teammates who will respect your time and fully expect you’ll lead a balanced life, while working hard when you’re at work
- Competitive compensation and health benefits
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESG Research Internship
We are looking for ambitious individuals to help us expand our databases that track global oil activity and its link to energy transition efforts.
There are three different areas of focus for interns. One includes the building of financial models for oil and gas assets, which then allows for the calculation of gas emissions. Another includes study projects and data acquisition on gas emissions from across the globe. A third includes primary research on oil and gas operations to better understand the global supply forecasts.
Within all of these different projects, you will work directly with the Regional Head and gain feedback and an understanding of the energy industry. Both the financial modelling experience and the research experience are extremely relevant for careers in banking, consulting and the wider energy sector.
Software Engineer - Senior
WHO WE ARE:
At Welligence we’re on a mission to transform the energy industry by building the world’s leading international energy analytics platform. Clients across five continents use our data intelligence platform to make business critical decisions, perform macro analysis, do granular deep dives on specific opportunities, and ultimately increase profits and minimize greenhouse gas emissions.
We are looking for a full-stack senior software engineer to join our growing organization and help us improve, expand, and secure our services. Multiple years of software development experience required. You will be working with and supported by seasoned multidisciplinary engineers and staff.
The candidate should have 7 plus years of prior experience working with modern tech stacks and designing advanced solutions with sophisticated architectures. You will be working with a passionate team in a fast-paced startup environment. Salary is competitive based on location and includes equity compensation. You should be willing to work extremely hard when required and be seeking a culture of accountability.
We’re backed by leading energy investors Quantum Energy Partners and have offices in Austin and Houston in the US, London and Edinburgh in the UK, and Singapore.
- Advanced knowledge of functional or object-oriented programming languages (e.g., Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Python, Golang, etc.)
- Experience with frontend technologies (e.g., React, Angular, Vue, Plotly, etc.)
- In depth understanding of NoSQL, SQL and Object-Relational Mapping
- Design and build GraphQL schema and RESTful APIs
- Strong advocate of automated tests
- Extensive experience with cloud providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Favor automation over manual steps (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI, Docker, CloudFormation, Serverless, etc.)
- Highly organized, able to compare and prioritize tasks to ensure continued focus on business objectives
- Build cybersecurity, application efficiency, and monitoring into the application development pipeline
Who We Are:
At Welligence we’re on a mission to transform the energy industry by building the world’s leading international data platform. Clients across five continents use our data intelligence platform to make business critical decisions, perform macro analysis, do granular deep dives on specific opportunities, and ultimately increase profits and minimize carbon emissions. We’re backed by leading energy investors Quantum Energy Partners, and have offices in Austin, Houston, London, and Edinburgh.
As a Data Scientist on our Austin-based team you will join an industry-leading group under Head of Data Science Akash Sadashivapeth and working closely with Harvard professor and Co-founder Seth Neel. Our team is comprised of diverse backgrounds across statistics, computer science, and electrical and petroleum engineering.
What You’ll Work On:
• Time series forecasting and machine learning in R using our proprietary library
• Forecasting and tracking of carbon emissions into the atmosphere
• Customer analytics using Google Analytics APIs
• Data visualizations to help clients (energy companies, banks, investors) make informed decisions
• Advising engineering on data quality and architectural decisions
You will also gain valuable insight into the energy industry by working with our in-house team of over a dozen recognized global experts and play a vital role in applying data science to the energy transition.
What You Bring:
• The desire and passion to learn new technical skills and concepts quickly and to push the boundaries of current systems
• Top-notch communication with stakeholders, investors, clients, and your teammates
• The confidence to ask for help when needed
• Ability to prioritize work and manage your time
• Experience writing well-documented, logical, high quality R code
• Experience manipulating and cleaning large datasets in R, pulling data in SQL, and using version control with Git
• Experience with Unix-like operating systems (Linux, MacOS X) and command line interface
• Ability to work with disparate data sources (i.e SQL, CSV, APIs)
• 3-4 years of experience in R (Rshiny, ggplot2, tidyverse, ggplot2, plotly)
• Basic familiarity with concepts in machine learning (time series, decision trees, linear regression, clustering)
• Engineering best practices: git, agile/kanban methodologies, code documentation
• Experience designing relational databases/ERDs (nice to have)
• Experience running ML algorithms in AWS or similar platforms (nice to have)
Why People Choose Us:
• Competitive compensation, stock options (included in this position), and health benefits
• Equity options in a well-run and financially stable tech company that has potential for massive upside
• Flexible working arrangements (1 day of your choice WFH)
• Chance to make a real impact in the trillion $ global energy industry
• Emphasis on learning new concepts and growing your data science career (professional development budget to take courses if desired)
• Flat culture emphasizing collaboration, merit, and communication
• Opportunity for rapid advancement
• Your teammates will respect your time and fully expect you’ll lead a balanced life, while working hard when you’re at work
This role is in-person, full-time, based in Austin, Texas where our data team and our founder/CEO are located, although we will candidates elsewhere.